All about HLM 5
- The purchase price of HLM 5 for new users is ￦680,000. The new manual should be purchased separately at ￦72,000 a copy.
- The upgrade price (from version 4 and older) to version 5 of HLM is ￦336,000.
New in HLM 5 for Windows
HLM 5 for Windows is exclusively for use with Windows 95, 98, NT and higher.
New features include:
- Estimating multivariate linear models from incomplete data. This includes unrestricted models, random-effects models, auto-correlated within-subject errors, heterogeneous within-subject variances; multivariate and multilevel models
- Faster, more efficient importing of data from statistical packages
- Highly accurate Laplace approximation to maximum likelihood for binary outcome models (Bernoulli only)
- Generalized estimating equations with robust standard errors
- Multinomial regression for two-level data
- Comparison of Ordinary Least Squares (with and without robust standard errors) and HLM estimates (with and without robust standard errors) on every analysis
- Ordinal regression for two-level data
- Latent variable analysis - estimating direct and indirect effects of explanatory variables measured with error (not included with three-level multivariate)
- Log-linear model for heterogeneous level-1 variance (2-level program only)
- Automated analysis of multiply-imputed data
Upgrading from previous versions of HLM
- The upgrade price (from version 4 and older) to version 5 of HLM is ￦336,000. A revised
manual, illustrating the use of the new features in HLM 5, is included.
- The new manual may also be purchased separately at ￦72,000 a copy.
- Note that HLM 5 can not be used with Windows 3.1, but only with Windows 95,98, 2000
To order your upgrade to version 5, contact our sales department. Please have the serial number of your current version of HLM at hand when placing an order.
Download a free student version of HLM 5
The student edition of HLM 5 contains the following:
- All the examples distributed with the full HLM 5 version. These examples may be run
with the student edition.
- A complete on-line helpfile, as provided for the full version too . The helpfile contains
both extracts from the HLM 5 manual and a tutorial with a number of illustrated examples using the data and
examples distributed with the student edition.
The student edition can run all the analyses the full version can in terms of models selected,
statistical options and output. Restrictions are, however, placed on the data used and the size of the model
selected. The following restrictions apply in this edition:
- The DBMSCOPY utility used for the importation of data is not included. The student
edition will only accept ASCII, SYSTAT, SPSS for Windows or SAS transport data files.
- For a level-3 model, the maximum number of observations that may be used at levels
1, 2 and 3 are approximately 7500, 1700 and 60 respectively. Note that the restriction applies to observations
in the case of the level-2 file, for example, and not to actual number of level-2 units to be included in the
- For a level-2 model, the maximum number of observations at the two levels are 7200
at level-1 and 350 at level-2 of the hierarchy.
- No more than 5 effects may be included in any HLM equation at any level of the model,
and the grand total of effects can not be 25 or higher.
Note that no technical support is provided for the student version.
필 사이언스㈜ 경기도 고양시 일산동구 일산로 142, 825(백석동,유니테크빌) 전화 031-905-7754 팩스 031-905-7724
사업자번호: 128-81-44552 대표: 윤성필 E-mail:
Copyright ⓒ 2000~2013 Phil Science, Inc. All rights reserved.