A student version of HLM 5 can be downloaded from this page.
Please print this page before downloading the student edition, as the restrictions
and other useful information concerning the program are given here. Also note that no technical support is provided
for the student edition and that no serial number is required during installation.
The student edition of HLM 5 is available as a single, self-extracting executable hlm505_s.exe.
- Download this file to a temporary directory (for example C:\tempfiles).
- Run hlm505_s.exe from the Start Menu or Program Manager.
- Default installation will be to a new folder "C:\Program Files\HLM505S". You
may change the name and location of this folder. After successful installation the downloaded file hlm505_s.exe
may be deleted.
The student edition contains the following:
- All the examples distributed with the full HLM 5 version. These examples may be run with
the student edition.
- A on-line helpfile, as provided for the full version too. The helpfile includes most
of the new HLM 5 manual and a complete tutorial showing the use of HLM.
The student edition can run all the analyses the full version can in terms of models selected,
statistical options and output. Restrictions are, however, placed on the data used and the size of the model selected.
The following restrictions apply in this edition:
- The DBMSCOPY utility used for the importation of data is not included. The student edition
will only accept ASCII, SYSTAT, SPSS for Windows or SAS transport data files.
- For a level-3 model, the maximum number of observations that may be used at levels 1,
2 and 3 are approximately 7500, 1700 and 60 respectively. Note that the restriction applies to observations in
the case of the level-2 file, for example, and not to actual number of level-2 units to be included in the analysis.
- For a level-2 model, the maximum number of observations at the two levels are 7200 at
level-1 and 350 at level-2 of the hierarchy.
- No more than 5 effects may be included in any HLM equation at any level of the model,
and the grand total of effects can not be 25 or higher.
When these limitations are exceeded, an appropriate error message will automatically be
For more information on how to set up these models and how to interpret the output, please
see HLM examples.
필 사이언스㈜ 경기도 고양시 일산동구 일산로 142, 825(백석동,유니테크빌) 전화 031-905-7754 팩스 031-905-7724
사업자번호: 128-81-44552 대표: 윤성필 E-mail:
Copyright ⓒ 2000~2013 Phil Science, Inc. All rights reserved.